With you, making Surrey safer

Got a

Ask the Police logoYou might be able to find the answer to your query or which organisation may be better placed to help you via the Ask The Police databaseOpen in a new window, which is an easy-to-use website containing the answers to a wide selection of nationally asked FAQs.

Email us

If you are reporting a non-urgent incident please use our online reporting form, for all other queries please use the form below.

Please note emails are monitored Monday to Friday 8am till 4pm.
* required fields


Telephone us

Please dial 999 in an emergency. A police emergency is defined as incidents where:

  • Someone's life is in danger.
  • Someone is at risk of violence, or property is about to be damaged.
  • A serious offence is in progress.
  • A suspect is at the scene or an early arrest is likely.
  • Serious disruption to the public is likely.
  • Very serious crime (e.g. Rape, GBH).

Please report non-emergency incidents to us by telephoning 101 or 01483 571212 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We recommend that you put these numbers in your mobile, to enable you to contact us when you need to.

Calls from landlines and mobile networks cost 15p per 101 call, no matter what time of day or the duration of the call.

Are you sure you are contacting the right emergency service? A video produced by T.E.A.M R.I.S.E titled "Who You Gonna Call?"Link to an external website has been produced to help you understand the phone numbers you need to call in non-emergency and emergency situations.


We receive a lot of letters every day and we aim to answer them promptly and confirm who is dealing with your enquiry. Please address your mail to a department or individual if possible - this is especially important if you are writing to the Solicitors or Traffic Process Unit.

You can write to us by addressing your letter to:
FAO: (Name of individual, department or location)
Surrey Police
PO Box 101

Report online

You can also report non-emergency incidents to us in person or by telephoning us on 101 or 01483 571212.

» Report an incident online

Contacting us if you are a victim of hate crime

Reporting incidents provides essential information which enables us to identify those responsible and prevent further occurrences. Please visit our Hate Crime page for more information on what help is available. This page also includes more about our specialist Lesbian and Gay Liaison Officers (LAGLOs) and how you can contact them.

Contacting us if you are deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech impaired

Surrey Police has Police Link Officers for Deaf people (PLOD) who have been trained to work with deaf people and people living with a hearing impairment.

If you are deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us using your TextPhone on: 

  • 18000 (emergency) or
  • 18001 101 (non-emergency via TextRelay)

If you have a mobile phone you can send us messages by SMS:

Making it easier to contact us – Pegasus Scheme

Our Pegasus scheme is for people who find it hard to communicate with us - we keep your information safe on our computer and give you a PIN number.

  • If you are a member, call us and say Pegasus, we’ll ask for your PIN and with that we can easily find your information and quickly help you.

  • For more information read our 'Help Me Help You'Link to an external website leaflet and if you'd like to become a member complete this application formLink to an external website (opens in Microsoft Word)