Social distancing rules during coronavirus in Scotland
You are allowed to meet in groups consisting of members of:
- up to five households outdoors (up to 15 people in total)
- up to five households indoors (up to eight people in total)
Please keep two metres apart from anyone you meet from outside your household, and don’t share food or utensils.
Exceptions include funerals or people working together who cannot work from home.
Markets and shops including shops in shopping centres are allowed to open.
Places like cafes, restaurants and pubs are allowed to open.
People aged 5 and over must wear a face covering on public transport and in shops.
- physical or mental illness, impairment or disability which prevents you wearing a face covering
- taking medicine, eating and drinking when necessary
- lip reading
- if you are asked to remove your face covering by someone in authority
Reporting a social distancing violation
Before you report a social distancing violation in Scotland please read Police Scotland’s coronavirus information.