What to bring with you
Whether you’re visiting for the first time or registering a change in your circumstances, use the checklist below to make sure you bring all the relevant documents.
You must provide all of the following:
- your passport
- your BRP card (biometric residence permit) if you have one
- two recent passport-sized photographs
- the registration fee of £34 in cash only
- if you're working, your work permit, sponsorship letter or contract of employment with address
- if you're a student, your offer or CAS letter, or student card; if an organisation or company is sponsoring your studies, you should bring a letter from them to confirm this
- proof of address by way of a rental agreement, contract or utility bill
If you're staying in a hotel, please bring a copy of a hotel booking or invoice.
If you're staying with family or friends, please ask the home owner or tenancy holder to write a letter confirming you live there, and bring that along.