Accessible ways to contact us
Deaf or hard of hearing
In an emergency
You can contact us via your TextPhone or send us messages by SMS.
eSMS: 999 (requires registration)
You can report non-emergency crime to us in the following ways:
Through our non-emergency online form.
Police Link Officers for Deaf people (PLOD):
SMS text us on 07860 097227
We recommend that you put these numbers in your mobile, to enable you to contact us when you need to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our Pegasus scheme is for people who find it hard to communicate with us - we keep your information safe on our computer and give you a PIN number.
If you are a member, call us and say Pegasus, we’ll ask for your PIN and with that we can easily find your information and quickly help you.
Who can register?
- Anyone who has a disability or illness that may make it hard to communicate with the police in an emergency or difficult situation can register for a Pegasus card.
- Registering for Pegasus is free and any information you give is held securely.
- Every year, we will contact you and check with you that your details on the database are correct.
- You may change or update your details at any time.
- The information you give will be stored securely and will help us to give you the best possible service.
- If you ask us, we will share your Pegasus information with other participating agencies e.g. Surrey Fire and Rescue, South East Ambulance Service and local authorities.
What are the Pegasus terms and conditions?
- Your information will be stored on a database that is owned by Surrey Police.
- The database will be secure.
- Only some people will be able to access it, including police officers and staff working within the Control Room.
- We may share your details with other people, such as other emergency services, to enable them to help you.
- If you are under 18 years old then you must have your parent or guardian's consent.
- Once a year we will write to you to check the information.
For more information, please read our Pegasus leaflet within the easy read leaflets section on the right hand side of this page.
How to become a member of the scheme
If you'd like to become a member, complete the online application form below.
(Alternatively you can download and complete the Help Me Help You application form (opens in Microsoft Word) and post or email it to us).
Please complete the form below to apply for the scheme. Fields marked with an asterisk * are mandatory.
Please note that applications may take up to ten weeks to process.
Pegasus scheme online application form
Surrey County Council Disability Register
Surrey Disability Register helps anyone over the age of 18 with a disability or impairment living within Surrey to be independent and to lead a fulfilling life.