Looking for help or information? Want to tell us something or report an incident? Use our simple tool below to find the best way to get in contact.

By phone

Emergency 999

Call 999 if:

  • a serious offence is in progress or has just been committed
  • someone is in immediate danger or harm
  • property is in danger of being damaged
  • a serious disruption to the public is likely

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use our textphone service  18000.

Or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

Silent 999 calls

If you're in danger but you can't talk on the phone, you should still call 999, then follow these instructions depending on whether you're calling from a mobile or a landline.

Non-emergency 101

Call 101 for non-emergency enquiries.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use our textphone service on 18001 101.

Anti-terrorist hotline 0800 789 321

Call the UK Anti-Terrorism Hotline on 0800 789 321 if you've seen or heard something that you think could suggest terrorist activity.

Calling from abroad +44 1483 571 212

Please use this number if you're contacting us from outside of the UK.

If you have speech or hearing difficulties emergency text service: 999

If you have speech or hearing difficulties or find it hard to communicate, we have several ways for our deaf, hard of hearing, speech impaired or deaf-blind communities to contact us if you struggle with our main contact methods.

Find out more about the ways to contact us here.

Stay anonymous - Crimestoppers

By phone 0800 555 111

Contact Crimestoppers to anonymously report a crime or suspicious behaviour.

Visit us

Find your nearest police station or contact point using the search box below.

Police station finder

Location search controls

Enter a postcode, street address or area


Showing results for

On social media