Pegasus card scheme
Our Pegasus scheme is for people who find it hard to communicate with us – we keep your pre-registered information safe on our computer and we can access it quickly if you call us. You don't need to repeat all your details.
Who can register?
- Anyone who has a disability or illness that may make it hard to communicate with the police in an emergency or difficult situation.
- Registration is free.
How it works
- You’ll be issued with a card and a personal identification number (PIN) and if you need to call us, say 'Pegasus', tell us your PIN and we’ll access your details right away, which will save you time.
- You can also show your card to a police officer, member of police staff or other emergency services staff if you need assistance in person and they’ll know you may need extra help and support.
- You can change or update your details at any time.
- If you agree, we'll share your Pegasus information with other participating emergency services (fire, ambulance) and local authorities.
Pegasus terms and conditions
- Your information will be stored on a secure database owned by the police.
- Access to the database is controlled, but we may share your details with our partners, such as other emergency services, so they can help you.
- If you’re under 18 you must have your parent or guardian's consent.
- Once a year we'll write to you to check the information.
Please click 'Start' below to complete our quick and easy online application form to join the scheme.
You can withdraw your consent and be removed from the scheme at any time by emailing us or using any of the other accessible ways of contacting us.
Please note that applications may take up to four weeks to process.