Witness appeal after man exposed himself on Woking canal path
Main article content
We are appealing for witnesses after a man exposed himself to a 14-year-old girl walking along the Basingstoke canal tow path earlier today (20 November).
The victim was walking along the canal path near the petrol station on Bagshot Road at around 7.30am when she was approached by a man who exposed himself to her before running off.
For investigative reasons, the description of the suspect is intentionally limited in this press release, however, if you were on the canal around this time and believe you may have information which could help our investigation, please contact us and we can discuss this further with you.
Borough Commander for Woking, Inspector David Bentley said: “This is understandably a concerning incident and I’d like to reassure the community that we’re doing everything we can to identify the man involved. If you witness or experience this type of incident please call 999 straightaway. Early reporting gives us the best chance of investigating.”
If you or your child is walking alone or in small groups, we’d urge you to consider the below advice:
- Plan your route carefully to avoid dimly lit or secluded roads
- Wherever possible, walk with a friend
- Carry a personal alarm and use it if you need to
- Keep your parent/carer informed of where you are going and when
- Ensure you know the route your child is walking to and from school
- Teach your child how and when to call for help
If you have any information which could help, please contact us quoting crime reference PR/45200123337 via:
- Webchat on our website surrey.police.uk
- Online https://www.surrey.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/af/how-to-report-a-crime/
- Calling us on 101
If you do not wish to leave your name, please call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.