Five charged with modern slavery and linked offences following day of arrests across the UK and Poland
Main article content
Five people have been charged with human trafficking, prostitution, drugs and fraud offences after a series of warrants were conducted across the UK on Tuesday, 9 February 2021.
These warrants were conducted at six addresses in London, Kent, Northamptonshire and West Yorkshire. Five people were arrested and charged for a variety of offences, including conspiracy to control prostitution for gain, trafficking offences and fraud. All have been remanded in custody to appear at Staines Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, 11 February 2021.
· Dariusz Sieredzinski, 33, of Maidstone Road, Kent, charged with one charge of conspiracy to control prostitution for gain, three charges of possessing articles for use in fraud and two further charges of fraud;
· Justyna Sieredzinska, 29, of Sycamore Close, Kettering, charged with one charge of conspiracy to control prostitution for gain, two offences of attaining/possessing criminal property and two offences of fraud;
· Maceij Sidorkiewicz, 30, of Sycamore Close, Kettering, charged with two offences of attaining/possessing criminal property and two offences of fraud;
· Mariusz Moniuszko, 39, of Buttercup Close, Corby, charged with 17 fraud offences, one charge of conspiracy to control prostitution for gain, two charges of arranging or facilitating travel with a view to exploitation, one charge of possessing criminal property to the value of £17,815, and five charges relating to the possession/making of indecent images of children/prohibited images;
· Wladyslaw Kieruc, 55 of Merton High Street, Colliers Wood, London, charged with three counts of perverting the course of justice.
Working in partnership with Surrey Police, the Polish Policja also arrested a 32-year-old man in Bialystok, Poland, for similar offences. He has since been remanded into Polish custody.
The warrants formed part of an intelligence-led operation following months of planning to disrupt modern slavery offences, including trafficking and prostitution, across the UK.
Enquiries are ongoing.