The main towns in Mole Valley are Dorking and Leatherhead. There are also many villages including Ashtead, Fetcham, Bookham, Capel and Leigh. There are 13 Parish Councils reflecting the number of smaller village communities in the district. The River Mole runs through Leatherhead and south through Dorking and gave the name to the district.
Mole Valley is well visited due to the number of tourist sites in the area including Polesdon Lacey, Box Hill, Leith Hill, Denbies Wine Estate (the UK’s largest vineyard) and its coverage with the Surrey Hills Area of Natural Beauty. The North Downs and its footpaths go through the district.
Mole Valley District Council has its main offices at Pippbrook in Dorking where the police office is based.
Sgt Dan Henderson
Sgt Lee Wells
PC Sue Gargini
PC Elliott Hartley
PC John Hench
PC Jenny Juffs
PC Jess Ratcliffe
PC James Bromfield
PC Briony Cole
- Dave Sadler - Rural Crime
- James Weston - Rural Crime
- Penny Newman - Dorking Town and Goodwyns Estate
- Andrew Whiteley - Dorking Town and Goodwyns Estate
- Marlon Hawkins - Bookham and Fetcham
- Bob Apperley - Leatherhead
- Alaxander Daniels - Leatherhead
- Pauline Daly - Ashstead
- Lindy Hotze - Leatherhead North
- Lou Lilly - Leatherhead North