Reigate & Banstead
The district of Reigate and Banstead was formed on 1st April 1974, under the local government act 1972, by a merger of the municipal borough of Reigate with Banstead Urban District and part of Dorking and Horley rural district. There are two civil parishes: Salfords & Sidlow and Horley. The remainder of the area has two rather than three tiers of local government. The borough is twinned with Brunoy in Essonne, France and Eschweiler in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. William de Warenne, who was created the Earl of Surrey in 1088 by William I. It is believed his son William de Warenne, 2nd Earl of Surrey ordered that Reigate castle be built.
The borough is split into north, south and central teams. North covers Banstead, Nork, Tattenhams, Burgh Heath, Preston Estate, Woodmansterne, Tadworth, Walton-on-the-hill, Kingswood, Chipstead, Lower Kingswood, Hooley, Netherne-on-the-hill, central covers Redhill, Reigate, Woodhatch, Merstham and south covers Horley, Horley West, Salfords, and Whitebushes.
Sgt Kelly Clifton-Sinclair
Sgt Lisa Howard
Sgt Chris Walters
PC Steve Ellis
PC Kate Jarrett
PC Sophie Powell
PC Becky Rowe
PC Neil Ware
PC Paul Baker
PC Paul Sparks
- Chris Wright - Preston, Burgh Heath and Tadworth
- Thomas Smythe - Hooley, Nethern-on-the-hill, Chipstead and Lower Kingswood
- Chloe Skinner - Banstead, Nork and Woodmansterne
- Debbie Nicholls - Redhill North
- Sally Elson - Merstham
- Paul Wimble - Redhill Town
- Danielle Carter - Redhill Town
- Louise Sizer - Reigate and Woodhatch
- Sarah Clarke - Reigate and Woodhatch
- Jacqui Parnell - Horley Town
- Simon Watson - Whitebushes and Earlswood
- Kieran Douglas - Court Lodge and Meath Green
- Maureen Langley - Court Lodge and Meath Green
- Zuzana El Mellas - Salfords, Whitebushes, Earlswood and Royal Earlswood Park
Additional questions for the Borough Commander
I am sorry to hear you have been a victim of crime. All such incidents are recorded as a crime when they are reported so I would suggest calling 101 or using our online chat to request an update. Thank you for your question.
The team are aware of this location and include in their patrols. This is done in conjunction with the Reigate & Banstead Joint Enforcement Team where we have targeted ASB and the use of NOS canisters etc. I would urge you to report incidents as this helps us direct our resources more effectively.
I can confirm that we have not had any reports of dog theft in Reigate and Banstead.
We work closely with the Reigate & Banstead Joint Enforcement Team who lead on fly-tipping and who have had a number of successful prosecutions.
There are Neighbourhood Watch coordinators across the Borough who can assist you in setting a up a Neighbourhood Watch. Details can be found on ourwatch.org.uk