For insurance claims or civil proceedings, you can apply for a copy of any existing collision reports the police have made or hold, or request an interview with the police officer who dealt with the road traffic collision, as long as it has been investigated.

To do this you need to complete the request a collision report form (download it at the bottom of this page) and post it to us.

You’ll need:

  • client's name
  • insurer or solicitor’s name, phone number and email address
  • insurer or solicitor’s full address including the postcode (this is where the copy of the report will be sent)
  • the date and time of the incident
  • the location and postcode of the incident

How long does it take?

If you’re requesting a copy of the report it can take up to 12 weeks from the date that we bank your payment to process your request.

If you’re requesting the details of a third party it can take up to 21 days from the date that we bank your payment to process your request.

Please note, collision accident reports can only be released once the case has been closed.

Costs and payment

Make a cheque payable to Surrey Police for the relevant fee and send it to:

Traffic and Process Unit
PO Box 101

We are sorry but we are currently not able to accept BACS payments.


  • To request third party details: £35.80.
  • To request a copy of the police report: £100.70.