Find out below how to request information the police hold on you.

You can also request details of your criminal history, whether it’s for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, visa applications or family court proceedings. If we can’t provide the information you need, we’ll point you to somewhere that can. 

Advice tool

Request information about myself, other than my criminal conviction history, for my own personal interest

Thank you. You need to submit a right of access request, which is the official way to request personal information, such as crime reports, that we hold about you on our databases.

Here's how to apply:

Step 1: Download our right of access request form and read the guidance notes.

Step 2: Print and complete the form.

You'll also need photocopies or scans of at least two different official documents (such as a driving licence) that between them give enough information to prove your:

  • name
  • date of birth
  • current address
  • signature

Step 3: Once complete, please either email or post the form and the photocopies or scans of your ID documents to us. Please don't send originals as they won't be returned.

Email: Subject Access Team

Information Access
Surrey Police
PO Box 101

In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, once you've submitted your request we'll respond within 30 days.

Please note, it's against the law for an employer, or potential employer, to ask you to perform a right of access request as part of a vetting process.