Are you a former detective missing the thrill of an investigation? Do you miss the satisfaction of solving a crime and getting justice for victims?
Then we want to hear from you.
Recent changes to Police Regulations have removed the previous time limit on returning to policing. There is no longer an upper time limit and we welcome applications from all former detectives who have the desire to help keep our communities safe, identify and protect vulnerable people and prevent and respond to harm.
There’s no better time to re-join policing and to do so with Surrey Police. As a result of the precept increases over the past two years, you will be joining in a period of transformation and growth. We are investing in our policing teams across Surrey, with large scale recruitment drives for police officers, PCSOs and detectives. We’re also focused on developing cutting-edge technological solutions as well as the specialist skills we need to catch the most serious criminals.
If you’re thinking about returning to policing then contact our recruitment team email@example.com now to arrange an informal conversation.
Diversity. Challenge. Opportunity. You’ll find everything you’re looking for and more in Surrey.
You’ll find variety in the challenges faced as a detective within Surrey Police. From investigating serious and complex crime, dealing with high profile cases and going above and beyond to help those in need, you’ll be an expert in investigating crimes; working as a team to make a real difference. Surrey’s close proximity to London means we face the capital’s challenges.
Surrey is a place of opportunity – with our size being our advantage. It’s easier to get specialist advice, easier to network and easier to make it known when you want to gain experience and progress.
The more you investigate, the more you’ll find that Surrey is a great place to live and work. There’s a wide range of places to live within the county, both urban and rural, plus excellent connections to London and the countryside. Isn’t it time you made your move?
We will give you:
- National salary plus £2500 Surrey Regional Allowance.
- A general detective payment of £850 per annum paid monthly to all detectives up to DCI in agreed detective posts. These include qualified detectives in Divisional Investigations and CITs, Specialist Investigations Units (SIU), POLIT, Complex Abuse Unit, PSD, Counter Terrorism, Major Crime Team, Economic Crime Unit, Cyber, SOCU, and D/Ss and D/Is in Intelligence. Police Constables, T/DCs and Police Staff Investigators in these units will not receive this payment.
- An additional specified detective payment of £500 per annum paid monthly to qualified DCs to DCIs inclusive who work in SIUs, POLIT and CAU. This does not apply to Police Constables, T/DCs or Police Staff who work in these units.
- The opportunity to select your preferred Division and location and we will take this into consideration with postings.
- Annual Leave starting at a minimum of 30 days for police officers and rising to 38 days depending on your length of service including an average of eight paid public (bank) holidays per annum.
- Opportunities to progress through promotion and/or specialism.
- A competitive benefits package and a progressive approach to flexible and part-time working.
- Fuel card worth £110 per month or up to £1200 per year for rail season ticket with 2 years or more service
- Free bus travel across Surrey
Read more about what you can expect from us as an employer.
You will join one of our Investigations or Safeguarding Investigation Units (SIU) teams.
Our Investigations teams carry out proactive investigations into complex and serious crimes across the county. These are located in Guildford, Reigate and Staines.
The SIUs sit within our Public Protection department and conduct specialist investigations which pursue those who target and exploit the most vulnerable within our society. They undertake specialist safeguarding and work with our partners to protect those who are the greatest risk. These teams are based in Guildford, Reigate and Staines.
The joining process involves an application, interview and pre-employment checks including biometric vetting, substance misuse testing, medical, fitness test and vetting.
If you would like to re-join, or are interested in finding out more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.