Police Officer transferees
We are now accepting applications for transferees. If you would like to apply, we would very much like to hear from you.
Are you a police officer looking for a new challenge?
You’ll find everything you’re looking for and more in Surrey. Variety. Challenge. Opportunity.
We help to keep Surrey as one of the nation’s most desirable counties in which to live and work. From beautiful countryside to vibrant towns, Surrey has a place and pace of life to suit everyone. What’s more, London, the south coast and two international airports are all close by.
You can be the difference. Inclusivity is important to Surrey Police which is why we are looking for talented individuals to reflect the communities we serve. So whatever your background, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation, we welcome you, and your application.
We are a relatively small force, but we are big on innovation. We take a positive approach to doing things differently. That includes working closely with Sussex Police, other regional forces and our partners across the county to improve services for our communities. Everything we do is driven by the desire to ensure our officers and staff work in the best way for the public.
As a cherished member of our warm and welcoming force family, you’ll be valued as an individual, and trusted to do your job and make your own decisions. Here, you will have a real opportunity to get your voice heard. With support to become the best you can be, both professionally and personally, you will enjoy scope to take on a range of roles, specialise in areas that interest you, and take advantage of progression opportunities.
When you join Surrey Police, you can expect a career with variety, diversity, challenges, rewards and the opportunity to progress through the ranks and/or specialist roles. You’ll play a vital role in helping us achieve our policing priorities and serving our communities.
We will give you:
- National salary plus £2500 Surrey Regional Allowance.
- The opportunity to select your preferred Division and location and we will take this into consideration with postings.
- Annual leave starting at a minimum of 30 days for police officers and rising to 38 days depending on your length of service including an average of eight paid public (bank) holidays per annum.
- Opportunities to progress through promotion and/or specialism.
- A competitive benefits package and a progressive approach to flexible and part-time working.
- Fuel card worth £110 per month or up to £1200 per year for rail season ticket with 2 years or more service.
- Free bus travel across Surrey.
Read more about what you can expect from us as an employer.
To transfer to Surrey Police, you will need to:
- Be transferring from a Home Office force (including British Transport Police, Police Service of Northern Ireland and Police Scotland).
- Have successfully completed the full IPDLP.
- Have successfully completed your probation.
The transfer process involves an application, interview, medical questionnaire and vetting. Once you have completed this process and accepted our offer, we will contact your existing force for information including pension, salary, service, training and unpaid leave.
Please view our current firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact us at